August 5 World Blogger Day: Looking Back at Some of My Most-Viewed Posts
World Blogger Day: Looking Back at Some of My Most-Viewed Posts
In celebration of World Blogger Day, I took a trip down memory lane and looked at some of my most-viewed blog posts over the years. It was a reminder of how blogging has allowed me to share stories that go beyond what could fit into a newspaper article.
🎸 Interview with Japanese rocker Miyavi, the "Samurai Guitarist"
![]() |
| Japanese rocker Miyavi, one of the best interviewees |
This remains one of my favourite interviews because Miyavi was such a joy to speak with.
Ironically, it also became one of my most memorable publishing experiences. In my newspaper article, I accidentally misspelled Miyavi's name once in the opening paragraphs, but corrected it in the rest of the story. Unfortunately, the sub-editor "corrected" every instance to the wrong spelling without checking with me. After publication, I received more angry emails from Miyavi's fans than at any other point in my journalism career!
🧜 International Mermaid Day: The Legend of Princess Hwangok
![]() |
| The mermaid statue in Busan |
I never expected this post to become even more popular than my Travelling Korea 101 guide.
Looking back at it now also makes me miss Busan. It's been more than a decade since my last visit, so perhaps it's time to return and see how much the city has changed.
🍽️ Citra Rasa Restaurant @ Dorsett Putrajaya
![]() |
| My most-viewed food review: Citra Rasa Restaurant @ Dorsett Putrajaya |
This remains the most-viewed food review on my blog.
Seeing it again reminded me how much I miss reviewing restaurants. I haven't done many proper food reviews since the pandemic, but hopefully there will be more opportunities in the future.
Why World Blogger Day?
According to Awareness Days, World Blogger Day, observed annually on Aug. 5, celebrates blogging and the global community of writers who share stories, opinions and knowledge online. It recognizes the role blogs have played in shaping digital communication and encourages creators to reflect on their blogging journeys.
For me, blogging has never been just about writing. It has been an archive of my travels, interviews, food discoveries and experiences—many of which would never have found a place in print.





Comments
Post a Comment