Gary Chaw interview

 "Would you be able to do an interview? with Gary Chaw." the editor asked.

(You mean an interview with IMHO one of the best vocalists, not just in Malaysia but in the Chinese music industry?)

But of course I replied with a simple: "Yes."

During the interview, Gary was open about his personal struggles with bipolar, how his family keeps him anchored, and his future plans. There were no airs about him, despite being an award-winning multitalented singer-songwriter.

I sincerely wish him all the best and that he stays strong to fight the disorder.

I am also thankful to Star Planet for facilitating the interview.

The good folks at Star Planet were helpful and adhered to the promised time; unlike some of my previous interviews with celebrities, where minders/ organisers imposed more restrictions than questions I had prepared for the inter, kept breathing down my neck or disrupting the interview by asking me "are you done?" every 3 minutes or worse, urging me to "wrap it up" before the promised time is up.

In all, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had thus far.

Here's the article:

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/entertainment/2022/11/09/singer-gary-chaw-opens-up-about-his-struggle-with-bipolar-039it-gets-harder-when-the-public-discriminates039

Comments

Popular Posts