Travelling Korea 101

As promised here's the post about my trip to Korea, enjoy ;)
Thanks to Hallyu, the Korean wave, the Korean tourism industry has received a boost, with K-drama & K-pop fans flocking to the land of morning calm to visit places depicted in their fave dramas & movies or simply just to visit the birth place of their favourite idols.
However, my love affair with Korea began when I visited the country in 2011 and I was smitten; you could say it was love at first sight.
So here's a quick run through of my trip to Korea:

Accommodation (more on that later, in my hotel review, stay tuned):
What a fabulous hotel ^^ more on this later.
When in Korea, you've gotta stay at least a night at the Hanok.
Love the heated floors :)
Paid around 60,000 to 70,000 won a night.
For budget travellers like me, this guest house was worth the $ paid :)
Met some great people there too!

my tour guide checked me into this dodgy motel, yikes!
But it was actually quite ok, with all the necessities :)
It's around 50,000 won.

Places to visit:
Insadong
Insadong: art galleries for you art buffs



Must-dos:

1) Jimjilbang
Jimjilbang: thie cave is where couples get cozy, *wink wink *

Jimjilbang: the oxygen room!

2) Nurebang
Karaoke-ing at the nurebang
You can also check out interactive musicals.

Here's what I ate:
soda & ramyeon (don't worry, i only ate 1, i kept the other one for the next day)
coffee & samga kimbap


Possam

Samgyetang, one of my fave Korean dishes, yums!

Street food

Shopping aka boosting the Korean economy:
Myeong Dong
love shopping here, the shop assistants are multilingual

Korean food

I think I bought enough BB-creams to last me for 5 years, at least.
Another must-buy is Laneige products!
For more on shopping, visit http://ingspirations.blogspot.com/2013/07/shopping-in-korea.html

Comments

Popular Posts